Students and faculty interested in pursuing educational opportunities in China are invited to attend a program on Wednesday, Jan. 31, at 6 p.m. in Forest Drive Building Room 1218.
The student component of the program will provide an overview of
- study abroad opportunities;
- Georgia Southern University study abroad scholarships and financial aid; and
- national scholarships such as the Gilman International Scholarship, Freeman-ASIA Award and U.S. Student Fulbright Grant.
The faculty component will highlight funding sources for teaching and research projects.
This gathering will be a unique opportunity for students and faculty to meet members of the Georgia Southern University community who are visiting from China:
- Professor Meng Deng, visiting Fulbright Scholar in the College of Education;
- Yan Liu, Instructor of Chinese in the Department of Foreign Languages; and
- Gaohua Gui, graduate student in the College of Education.
The program is sponsored by the Center for International Studies and the University Honors Program. For additional information, please contact Jeff Palis, coordinator of Study Abroad and Exchange Programs, at 871-1747 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bob Frigo, assistant director of the University Honors Program, at 486-7926 or email@example.com.