Seniors and graduates in College of Business Administration get online career management services
Georgia Southern University’s College of Business Administration (COBA) has partnered with CareerBeam, an industry leader in career technology solutions, to provide professional career management services online for business students. CareerBeam specializes in helping students with almost all aspects of career planning.
Some of the services offered by CareerBeam include:
- Research-on-demand for more than 17,000,000 companies in CareerBeam’s database. This feature will also find Georgia Southern alumni in the database and inform the students of their name and position within the company.
- Conversation starters that represent a summary of the most current and relevant issues facing companies in more than 200 business sectors.
- An interactive cover letter tutorial that builds a cover letter as students respond to prompts.
- A ‘job leads” feature that matches an applicant’s skill set with new postings. An e-mail is immediately sent to the student for follow-up.
- A feature to track companies and manage contacts.
- A series of 10 assessments covering values, temperament, personality, interests, skills, talents, and culture that are compiled into in a personalized career report. There are also interview preparation and network development tools.
CareerBeam will be offered to COBA’s graduate students and last-semester seniors as early as spring semester ’07. Undergraduate students will be included by the fall. Under this partnership, COBA graduates will have long-term subscription to CareerBeam’s services to conduct industry and/or company specific searches.
Tags: College of Business Administration