Leadership Workshop Series underway
Georgia Southern University’s Office of Student Leadership is offering 12 leadership workshops throughout the fall semester. The workshops are designed for student organization officers and students who would like to hold a leadership position within an organization.
‘This is a great way for student organizations to train their members who have leadership potential. It is way for them to gain additional training and experience,” said Jodi Middleton, leadership coordinator in the Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement.
All workshops are held in Russell Union Room 2044 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Presenters include members of the faculty and staff at Georgia Southern.
‘We also have Charlie Wilson, CFO for Bulloch County Schools, coming to discuss budgeting,” Middleton said. Following is a list of workshops and dates:
- Tuesday, Sept. 4 – Training New Members
- Monday, Sept. 10 – The E.L. Experiment (Ethical Leadership)
- Tuesday, Sept. 18 – Leadership Listening: The Key to Communication During Conflict
- Monday, Sept. 24 – Building and Maintaining Interpersonal Relations
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 – Marketing Your Leadership Skills
- Monday, Oct. 8 – Group Dynamics: Making the Most of Differences
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 – What’s Your Price? (Values)
- Monday, Oct. 22 – Budgeting for You and Your Organization
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 – Motivating Your Members
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Working for Leadership Experience
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 – Leadership and Service.
There are no costs to attend any of the sessions. Students who attend nine workshops over the 2007-08 school year will receive a certificate from the Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement stating they were trained through the leadership workshop series.
‘What I think is great about the workshop series is that students can use it as a series of building blocks of skills. They can come to a lot of them, or for students who have a lot going on, they can go to one or two,” said Kellie Pickett, assistant director of student leadership and civic engagement. ‘Students can make this work for whatever purpose they’re looking for.”
For more information on the series, contact the Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement at 912-871-1435.