Dare to Declare Sept. 26
Georgia Southern University’s Office of Career Services will host the Dare to Declare Conference on Wednesday, Sept. 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Russell Union. The event targets freshmen and sophomore students who are undecided about their careers. Students may attend a series of interactive programs designed to ‘open the door to their futures.” Programs include topics on career assessments, values and skills.
Following is the schedule of programs:
- 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. – Major Decisions, a self directed search, Russell Union Room 2080.
- 11 a.m. to 11:50 am. – Major Decisions, a self directed search, Russell Union Room 2080.
- Noon to 12:50 p.m. – Major Career Planning, Russell Union Room 2080.
- 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. – Values & Skills: Things of Major Importance, Russell Union Room 2080.
- 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. – Major Decisions, GCIS Assessment, Russell Union first floor computer lab.
- 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. – Cool Majors, Russell Union Room 2080.
Students wishing to attend must register by Friday, Sept. 21. Students who attend the conference will have the chance to win up to $200.
For more information on these events and the registration process, contact Career Services at 681-5197 or visit the Web site at http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/career/.