Southern Conference on Children is Jan. 26
This is a reminder that Georgia Southern University will host the 21st annual Southern Conference on Children on Saturday, Jan. 26.
Approximately 700 childcare professionals and parents from throughout the region are expected to attend the conference, which will run from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. in the Nessmith-Lane Continuing Education Building.
The conference is geared toward childcare center directors and personnel, pre-school and pre-K teachers, kindergarten teachers and paraprofessionals, family childcare providers, and the parents of young children.
Thomas Moore and Shirley Garrett will be the keynote speakers. Moore’s talk is titled ‘Celebrating What We Learn from the Children We Teach.” Garrett’s talk is titled ‘Teach from the Top of Your Lungs and the Bottom of Your Heart.”
The workshop topics will include:
- ‘You Can Handle Them: How to Discipline So Kids Will Learn”
- ‘Applied Behavior Analysis and Teaching Children with Autism”
- ‘Prevention of Childhood Obesity by Creating a Healthy-Weight Environment”
- ‘Shifting the Responsibility of Child Sexual Abuse Prevention from Children to Adults”
- ‘Teaching Science/Nature to Young Children Made Easy”
Members of the media are invited to cover the Southern Conference on Children. For more information, including the complete conference schedule and a list of all of the workshops, visit http://ceps.georgiasouthern.edu/conted/scoc.html or call (912) 871-1755.