Georgia Southern University College of Education Major Selected for Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education Bus Trip Across Georgia
Georgia Southern University middle grades education major DeSherra Gilchrist has been selected as one of 80 business, education, government and community leaders to take part in the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education’s annual bus trip across the state. The trip is designed to showcase eight high-performing public schools throughout the state of Georgia.
Gilchrist, a junior from Waynesboro, Ga., was selected through a competitive application process and is one of 19 students from 14 different colleges and universities.
The theme of this year’s trip is “Georgia’s Public Schools: Changing Culture, Building Community, and Reaching Excellence.” The 2011 trip will feature eight schools including:
- Lake Oconee Academy, Greensboro, Greene County Schools
- Oak Hill Middle School, Milledgeville, Baldwin County Schools
- Langston Chapel Elementary School, Statesboro, Bulloch County Schools
- Claxton Middle School, Claxton, Evans County Schools
- Taylors Creek Elementary School, Hinesville, Liberty County Schools
- Golden Isles Career Academy, Brunswick, Glynn County Schools
- Sugarmill Elementary School, St. Mary’s, Camden County Schools
- Ware County High School, Waycross, Ware County Schools
Schools selected as Bus Trip 19 stops have shown they are adjusting to the new economy which is requiring the preparation of a rapidly changing workforce.
“Our 2011 schools will provide Bus Trip participants an inside look at what can be achieved when you focus on preparing students for the challenges presented by the new global economy and get buy-in on their efforts from their local communities,” said Dr. Stephen Dolinger, president of the Partnership.
The Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education consists of business, education, community and government leaders who share a vision of education excellence.
Tags: College of Education