Georgia Southern is ready for Homecoming: Viva Las Southern, Oct. 12-17
On Monday, Oct. 12, Georgia Southern University kicks off a Homecoming week full of festivities and activities centered around the theme “Viva Las Southern,” a Las Vegas-style celebration.
Throughout the week, student organizations can win “spirit points” toward their royalty candidates for actively participating in homecoming activities. Members of the community are invited to attend the annual homecoming parade at 4 p.m. and the announcement of the 2015 Homecoming Court at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 16.
Homecoming week will conclude as students, alumni and the community cheer on the Eagles as they play New Mexico State on Saturday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m. Tickets for the game are available for purchase at GSEagles.com/tickets or by calling 1-800-GSU-WINS.
For more information on the week’s events, visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/Homecoming.
2015 Homecoming Highlights
- T-shirt swap, Fielding D. Russell Union Rotunda, 11 a.m.
- Pennies for Eagles, presented by Fraternity and Sorority Life, Fielding D. Russell Union Rotunda, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 12
- Georgia Southern University Idol, presented by Student Government Association (SGA), Fielding D. Russell Union Ballroom, 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the door
- Banner and Paint the Campus Blue competitions, throughout campus, all day
Tuesday, Oct. 13
- Sculpt-It for the Food Bank, Fielding D. Russell Union Commons, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Comedian Tony Rock, W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse, 7 p.m. Free entry with Eagle I.D.
Wednesday, Oct. 14
- Doo-Dah Dance and Step Show, W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse, 7 p.m. Tickets are $1 and all proceeds benefit Eagles for Eagles
Thursday, Oct. 15
- True Blue BBQ and Tailgate Competition, presented by the Office of Student Activities, Fielding D. Russell Union Rotunda, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Screaming Eagles Competition, presented by University Housing, Fielding D. Russell Union Ballroom, 6 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 16
- Homecoming Parade, Sweetheart Circle, 4 p.m.
- Announcement of the 2015 Homecoming Court, Sweetheart Circle, 5 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 17
- True Blue 5K/10K, Bruce and Kathryn Grube Recreation Activity Center, 7:30 a.m.
- Football game vs. New Mexico State, Allen E. Paulson Stadium, 6 p.m.
- Crowning of Homecoming King and Queen, Allen E. Paulson Stadium, halftime
Georgia Southern University, a public Carnegie Doctoral/Research University founded in 1906, offers more than 125-degree programs serving more than 20,500 students. Through eight colleges, the University offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs built on more than a century of academic achievement. Georgia Southern is recognized for its student-centered and hands-on approach to education.