- Georgia Southern has been named one of America's Best Colleges by Forbes magazine, whose ranking includes the top 20 percent of colleges and universities based on the "student's point of view."
- Georgia Southern's College of Business Administration has been named one of the best business schools in the country by The Princeton Review. The publication recognized Georgia Southern in The Best 294 Business Schools.
- Georgia Southern's online Master of Science in computer science has been ranked as one of the top 10 "best buys" in the country by the education Web site GetEducated.com, a consumer group that rates, ranks and verifies the cost and credibility of online colleges and online universities.
- Georgia Southern was named one of the most military friendly universities in the country in Military Advanced Education's 2012 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities. Georgia Southern was featured in the December 2011 issue of the publication.
- Georgia Southern's Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program has been ranked in the top 20 nationally by U.S. News & World Report . The program also secured top honors among all colleges and universities in Georgia - both public and private.
- Georgia Southern's online graduate programs in business, education, information technology and nursing have been ranked among the nation's best in the first-ever edition of Top Online Education Program rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- Georgia Southern has been ranked fourth in the nation for graduating African-Americans majoring in the physical sciences by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.