- Certificate – Marketing Strategy, Cornell University, 2013
- Ph.D. coursework – Public Administration, Florida Atlantic University, 2012
- Master of Business Administration, Florida Atlantic University, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts – Communications Design and Advertising, Art Academy of Cincinnati, 1990
- Advertising Design, Columbus College of Art and Design, 1985-87
Areas of Specialization
Associate Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Jan Bond joined Georgia Southern’s marketing and communications team in January 2014. As the associate vice president of marketing and communications, Bond oversees brand development initiatives and marketing campaigns to attract and retain students. She manages every component of telling the Georgia Southern story through brand development, advertising, public relations, internal and external communications, social media and University websites.
Before joining Georgia Southern, Bond served as the executive director of marketing and communications at Ashland University in Ohio and assistant vice president of marketing and communications at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.
A native of Ohio, Bond is a member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), American Marketing Association (AMA) and Counsel for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).