- Currently pursuing doctorate in Public Administration – Valdosta State University
- Ph.D. coursework – Public Administration, Florida Atlantic University
- Master of Business Administration, Florida Atlantic University
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications Design and Advertising, Art Academy of Cincinnati and Columbus College of Art and Design
Areas of Specialization
- Marketing, Marketing Strategy and Planning
- SEO, SEM
- Social Media
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Planning
Jan Bond is the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Georgia Southern University. Jan is responsible for leading the brand strategy and positioning of the University across multiple audiences with an integrated approach to marketing, advertising, public relations, crisis communications, web, digital and social media as well as the publishing of Georgia Southern magazine. Jan has worked extensively in higher education, where she has overseen large-scale marketing research and analytics, branding initiatives, website redesigns and social media growth, as well as public relations for major events and university presidents.
Before joining Georgia Southern, Jan served as the executive director of marketing and communications at Ashland University in Ohio and assistant vice president of marketing and communications at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. She is currently pursuing a doctorate in public administration from Valdosta State University, is a member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), American Marketing Association (AMA) and Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and is a member of several civic organizations in Georgia.
Last updated: 2/1/2017