Featured News Items
- Willis wins first place at GEC Conference for Environmental ResearchA Georgia Southern graduate engineering student from Brunswick, Georgia, won first place in the master’s degree students’ category at the recent Georgia Environmental Conference (GEC)
- Georgia Southern President Kyle Marrero delivers Fall 2023 State of the University address on Armstrong and Statesboro campusesGeorgia Southern University President Kyle Marrero delivered a State of the University Fall 2023 address to faculty and staff in the Fine Arts Auditorium on the Armstrong Campus on Sept. 5 and in the Performing Arts Center on the Statesboro Campus on Sept. 7.
- Georgia Southern’s Retiree Wall showcases new website, virtual retiree recognition for all three campusesThe Georgia Southern University Retiree Association, which includes nearly 2,000 retirees from Georgia Southern and Armstrong State University, now offers a website to honor former employees from the Statesboro, Savannah and Liberty campuses.
- Georgia Southern Libraries celebrates grand opening for Patent and Trademark Resource Center with two events, Sept. 27 in Savannah and Sept. 28 in StatesboroPatenting an invention and trademarking a product name can be challenging, yet protecting intellectual property is vital. To that end, Georgia Southern University Libraries will celebrate the grand opening of its Patent and Trademark Resource Centerwith ribbon-cutting events at the Armstrong Center in Savannah on Sept. 27 at 9 a.m. and at the Henderson Library in Statesboro on Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property Derrick Brent and Georgia Southern President Kyle Marrero, will attend the ribbon-cutting in Savannah.
- Discover your constitutional rights and responsibilities at Georgia Southern University’s Constitution Day eventGeorgia Southern University is gearing up to celebrate Constitution Day on Sept. 18 on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses, during its annual event that delves deep into the heart of American democracy. This event aims to shed light on the Constitution’s significance in American society and government, emphasizing both our rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Inaugural BIG EXPO Showcases Entrepreneurship & InnovationGeorgia Southern University’s Business Innovation Group (BIG) in partnership with the Downtown Statesboro Development Authority and The Creative Coast will host the inaugural BIG Expo for Entrepreneurship & Innovation on Sept. 19 from 5 to 8 p.m. at “The Alley,” located at 58 E. Main Street in downtown Statesboro, Georgia.
- How much exercise is too much? Georgia Southern researchers study cardiovascular health in ultramarathon runners to better understand impacts of physical activityIs too much of a good thing actually a bad thing? That’s what researchers in Georgia Southern’s Biodynamics and Human Performance Center aim to find out through a recent study of 75 ultramarathon runners during the 50th anniversary of the Western States 100-mile Endurance Run (WSER) in California.
- Georgia Southern Theatre student Benjamin Roberts recognized by the Black Theatre NetworkBenjamin Roberts, a Georgia Southern University senior with a double major in theater and computer science, was named the second place Young Actor at the 2023 Black Theatre Network (BTN) Conference held this summer in St. Louis, Missouri.