Featured News Items
- Georgia Southern Police arrest individual with criminal history, resolve situation without incidentAn incident on Nov. 22 ended with the identification and peaceful apprehension of an individual wanted for multiple felony violation warrants in Statesboro thanks to the work of Georgia Southern University Police Investigator Trevor Williams.
- Georgia Southern University Libraries staff selected for national emerging leaders programGeorgia Southern University Libraries staff members Lee Bareford and Kelli-Anne Gecawich have been selected to participate in the American Library Association’s 2023 Emerging Leaders Program.
- From a ‘whim’ to a scholarship; Eagle student’s path to HarvardAmunet Berry of Jonesboro, Georgia, was just a freshman at Georgia Southern University when she first began taking classes in German studies. Now, she’s a senior who recently attended a conference at the Harvard Kennedy School on international affairs.
- Georgia Southern institute signs $15.7M contract to help protect Georgia’s K-12 students from COVID-19Georgia Southern University’s Institute for Health Logistics & Analytics has garnered a $15.7 million contract with the Georgia Department of Public Health to manage COVID-19 mitigation efforts in Georgia’s K-12 schools to help keep schools operating safely.
- Global marketing executive and national trial lawyer to speak at Georgia Southern’s fall 2022 Commencement ceremoniesGeorgia Southern University has named Deborah Nelson and Liz Crisafi as speakers for the University’s fall 2022 Commencement ceremonies on Dec. 10 and 13.
- Mentorship helps first-generation student Ty Hill succeed at Georgia SouthernWhen Georgia Southern University senior Ty Hill, a communications studies major, graduates in fall 2023, he will be the first person in his family to earn a four-year bachelor’s degree. As a first-generation college student, Hill is breaking barriers and making history in his own lineage.
- Georgia Southern Libraries designated as U.S. Patent and Trademark Resource Center, supports community inventors and entrepreneursGeorgia Southern University Libraries has been designated as a Patent and Trademark Resource Center by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. PTRCs comprise a network of 84 libraries nationwide that disseminate patent and trademark information and support the diverse intellectual property needs of the public.
- Georgia Southern partners with Fort Stewart and Georgia National Guard for soldier injury prevention training, retentionOn Nov. 5, Georgia Southern University President Kyle Marrero signed a memorandum of agreement with Fort Stewart and Georgia National Guard leaders to provide soldier injury prevention training through the University’s Soldier Athlete Human Performance Program.