Featured News Items
- Parker College of Business teams advance to semifinals of national student challengeAfter collaborating on 30-page pitch presentations and 90-second videos to convince selected retailers why and how their businesses should collaborate, two student teams from the Georgia Southern University Parker College of Business have made it into the semifinals of this year’s National Retail Federation Student Challenge.
- Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing to hold virtual Industry ExpoThe Georgia Southern University Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) is hosting its annual Industry Expo virtually for the first time on Dec. 3 from noon to 4 p.m. The expo serves as the culminating event for senior students in computer science, information technology, construction management and all five engineering disciplines.
- Office of Leadership and Community Engagement works with IT to keep Holiday Helper Tree tradition alive amid COVID-19 pandemicIn July, when most people at Georgia Southern University were wondering when students, faculty and staff would be able to return to campus, Jordan Wilburn was thinking about the upcoming holiday season. Specifically, Wilburn, who is the Community Engagement Coordinator in the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement, was brainstorming ways to keep the Holiday Helper Tree, a 27-year-old holiday tradition, alive during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Parker College of Business students paint for a purposeThe Humane Society of Statesboro and Bulloch County (HSSBC) has a fresh coat of paint for its new adoption center thanks to a group of Parker College of Business students who spent the weekend rolling up their sleeves to help the community organization.
- International enamel art exhibition on display at Georgia Southern Center for Art and Theatre“Surface Matters: Grit or Gloss” is now open at the Center for Art and Theatre on the Georgia Southern Statesboro Campus until Dec. 8. The exhibition features more than 60 enamel-based artworks by nearly 50 artists from around the world. A virtual Artists’ Talk will be held on Zoom on Nov. 18 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Georgia Southern releases Economic Monitors Q2 and Q3, show signs of recovery in SavannahGeorgia Southern’s Economic Monitors Q2 and Q3 show signs of recovery in Savannah in 2021.
- Georgia Southern expands Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program to three new locationsThe Georgia Southern University Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) program will now be available on the Armstrong and Liberty Campuses, as well as at the Georgia Veterans Education Career Transition Resource (VECTR) Center in Warner Robins, Georgia.
- Astounding freshman class growth, retention, increases Georgia Southern’s fall enrollment by more than 3 percentOfficial fall enrollment at Georgia Southern University rose by approximately 3.45% over 2019, thanks to a record-breaking class of first-year students. Also contributing is a post-consolidation record-high 79% retention rate from freshman to sophomore year.