Georgia Southern at a Glance
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Campuses: 3 — Statesboro, Armstrong Campus in Savannah, Liberty Campus in Hinesville
- Regional Economic Impact: More than $1 billion
- Statesboro Campus Student/Faculty Ratio: 23:1
- Armstrong & Liberty Campuses Student/Faculty Ratio: 15:1
- Athletics: NCAA Division 1, Sun Belt Conference, 17 Varsity Sports
Student Profile (Fall 2022)
- Total Enrollment: 25,506
- Undergraduate Students: 22,003
- Graduate Students: 3,503
- Students by State: All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico
- Students by Country: 102 countries
- Statesboro Campus: 17,738
- Armstrong Campus: 4,621
- Liberty Campus: 397
- Online Campus: 2,750
You can find the detailed enrollment information here
Most Popular Majors
- Exercise Science
Georgia Counties Representing Largest Enrollment
States Representing Largest Enrollment
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
Non-U.S. Countries Largest Enrollment
Non-U.S. countries make up 2.6% of enrollment.
- Honduras/The Bahamas
Tuition & Fees
Things You Should Know
- Named a “Military-Friendly ” school for the ninth year in a row by Viqtory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazine, ranked one of the “Best for Vets” according to CollegeFactual, is number one in the “Best Education Options for Veterans” by Veterans News Report, ranked number one in the “Top 60 Military Friendly Colleges” by Intelligent.com and number one in the best schools for military students by Best for Vets Colleges.
- Georgia Southern University has been included on the prestigious Green Ribbon Schools list by the U.S. Department of Education
- For the ninth year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges
- Included in the “50 Best Nonprofit Colleges and Universities for Online Doctorates” by Nonprofit Colleges Online
- For the third year in a row, Georgia Southern University has been recognized as a Gold Level Campus by Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM®-OC) for the University’s diligence to make physical activities a standard on campus.
- Georgia Southern is ranked in the top 5 percent of schools for gender diversity and very high in overall diversity according to CollegeFactual
- Georgia Southern is ranked number one in the “Top 60 Most Affordable Online Colleges” by Intelligent.com
- Georgia Southern is ranked number one in the “Top 60 Online Ph.D. Programs” by Intelligent.com
- Ranked number one in the 2020 list of lowest cost for higher education for “Best College Towns and Cities” for Savannah and number four for Statesboro for “Share of Rental Units” by WalletHub
- Ranked number one for “Best Online Colleges in Georgia” by Learn.org
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health and is also ranked number one in the “Best Schools in the Nation for a Master’s in Public Health” by SR Education Group
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing is home to the first undergraduate Manufacturing Engineering program in the state of Georgia, one of only 20 such programs nationwide.
- Georgia Southern is one of only 14 schools in the country that have both the National Security Agency/Department of Homeland Security Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education and the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center designation as a Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence. Georgia Southern also maintains a Memorandum of Understanding with the U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence as an academic training partner for the U.S. Army Cyber workforce.
- The College of Education is number one in the Southeast and number four in the nation for the “Top 45 Master’s of Education in Higher Education Administration” by Intelligent.com and number one in the nation for “Best Online Master’s in Educational Leadership Program with Best Student Support” by OnlineMasters.com.
- The Parker College of Business is number one for the “Best Online MBA Programs in Georgia” by MBACompass.com, number one in the “Top 50 Online Master’s in Business Administration“, number one in “Top 20 Online Master’s in Economics”, number one in the South and number 10 nationwide (Master of Accounting Online, WebMAcc) in the “Top 60 Online Accounting Degrees” by Intelligent.com and number one for “Most Affordable College Online for a Master’s in Economics” by OnlineU
- The Waters College of Health Professions is number one in the “Top 40 Online Master’s in Coaching”, number one in the “Top 50 Online Nurse Practitioner Programs” number one in the “Top 50 Online Sports Management Degrees” (master’s degree) by Intelligent.com and number one in the “20 Most Affordable Online BSN Degrees” by College Choice.
For more information, visit Points of Pride and the University Fact Book. Data reflects combined numbers of Armstrong State and Georgia Southern.
Last updated: 1/23/2023