Georgia Southern at a Glance
Student Profile (Fall 2017)
- Total Enrollment: 27,459
- Undergraduate Students: 24,040
- Graduate Students: 3,419
- Students by State: All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico
- Students by Country: 102 countries
(detailed enrollment information here)
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Campuses: 3 — Statesboro, Armstrong Campus in Savannah, Liberty Campus in Hinesville
- Regional Economic Impact: More than $1 billion
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 21:1
- Athletics: NCAA Division 1, Sun Belt Conference, 17 Varsity Sports
Most Popular Majors
- Health Professionals
Georgia Counties Representing Largest Enrollment
States Representing Largest Enrollment
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New York/Texas
Tuition & Fees
For more information, click here.
Things You Should Know
- Georgia Southern’s student body includes individuals from every state.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Georgia Southern University is home to the first undergraduate manufacturing engineering program in the state of Georgia.
- The Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus in Savannah is a designated National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence. The University is one of only 14 institutions in the country to earn this designation from the U.S. Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center.
- For the seventh year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses in the Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2016 Edition.
- The University has been named one of the most military friendly schools in the country for the seventh consecutive year by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines.
- Georgia Southern is ranked as the 2nd Most Affordable Colleges in Georgia 2018 by College Affordability Guide.
- 50 Best Nonprofit Colleges and Universities for Online Doctorates 2018 by Nonprofit College Online.
- Our online economics degrees as well as our Master’s in Economics were ranked #1 in 2017 by OnlineU.
- Georgia Southern is ranked #1 in the 20 Most Affordable Online BSN Degrees 2017 by College Choice.
- The Master’s in Computer Science program is ranked as the #3 most affordable for a 2018 by OnlineU.
For more information, visit Points of Pride and the University Fact Book. Data reflects combined numbers of Armstrong State and Georgia Southern.
Last updated: 9/5/2018