Georgia Southern at a Glance
Student Profile (Fall 2018)
- Total Enrollment: 26,408
- Undergraduate Students: 23,130
- Graduate Students: 3,278
- Students by State: All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico
- Students by Country: 102 countries
(detailed enrollment information here)
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Campuses: 3 — Statesboro, Armstrong Campus in Savannah, Liberty Campus in Hinesville
- Regional Economic Impact: More than $1 billion
- Statesboro Campus Student/Faculty Ratio: 21:1
- Armstrong & Liberty Campus Student/Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Athletics: NCAA Division 1, Sun Belt Conference, 17 Varsity Sports
Most Popular Majors
- Exercise Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Elementary Education
Georgia Counties Representing Largest Enrollment
States Representing Largest Enrollment
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New York/Texas
Tuition & Fees
For more information, click here.
Things You Should Know
- Georgia Southern University ranked number one in “The Best Schools for Military Students 2019” by Best for Vets Colleges
- Named “Military-Friendly” Gold school for the seventh year in a row in 2018 by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines
- Georgia Southern University has been included on the prestigious “2018 Green Ribbon Schools” list by the U.S. Department of Education
- For the eighth year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses in The Princeton Review’s Guide to 399 Green Colleges: 2018 Edition
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing is home to the first undergraduate Manufacturing Engineering program in the state of Georgia, one of only 20 such programs nationwide.
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing ranked third in “Most Affordable Colleges for a Master’s in Computer Science 2018” by OnlineU
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number one in “20 Most Affordable Online BSN Degrees” by College Choice
- Waters College of Health Professions ranked number two in the “10 Most Affordable Doctorate in Nurse Practitioner Online 2018” by Grad School Hub.
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number two in the “2018 Top Online Schools for Exercise Science” by The College Affordability Guide
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number two for the Master of Science in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Coaching Education among “15 Best Online Master’s in Coaching Education 2018” by Sports Management Degree Hub
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
For more information, visit Points of Pride and the University Fact Book. Data reflects combined numbers of Armstrong State and Georgia Southern.
Last updated: 3/1/2019