Georgia Southern Fast Facts
2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Total Enrollment: 20,517
- Undergraduate Students: 17,904
- Graduate Students: 2,613
- Students by State/Country: 49 U.S. states, 89 countries
Top Three Largest Colleges by Enrollment
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences: 4,676
- College of Health and Human Sciences: 3,417
- College of Business Administration: 3,298
Tuition & Fees
For more info, click here
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Size: 900+ acres
- Regional Economic Impact: $846 million
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 22:1
Things You Should Know
- Georgia Southern University’s online degree programs in business, education, IT and bachelor’s program ranked among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s Top Online Education Programs.
- The University was honored as being one of the most military friendly schools in the country by G.I. Jobs magazine for the third year in a row.
- In 2011, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses by the Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Georgia Southern is recognized as one of America’s Best Graduate Schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- The School of Nursing is ranked in the Top 80 nationally by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools.
- Georgia Southern’s MBA was ranked one of the top Part-Time MBA programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools.
- The University’s Master of Business Administration and the Master of Accounting are featured in Best 301 Business Schools published by The Princeton Review.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- The College of Business Administration houses the only School of Economic Development in the Southeastern United States. Students assist with economic development projects for area municipalities and regions across the state.
- The University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is one of only three such programs nationally to be accredited by the Computing Accreditation Board of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
For more information, visit Points of Pride.