Georgia Southern Fast Facts
2016-17 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Total Enrollment: 20,673
- Undergraduate Students: 18,005
- Graduate Students: 2,668
- Students by State: All 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico
- Students by Country: 88 countries
Top Three Largest Colleges by Enrollment
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences: 4,295
- College of Business Administration: 3,709
- College of Health and Human Sciences: 3,655
Tuition & Fees
For more information, click here.
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Size: 900+ acres
- Regional Economic Impact: $846 million
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 21:1
- Athletics: NCAA Division 1, Sun Belt Conference, 17 Varsity Sports
Georgia Counties Representing Largest Enrollment
States Representing Largest Enrollment
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
Things You Should Know
- For the first time in university history, Georgia Southern’s student body includes individuals from every state.
- Georgia Southern University’s online degree programs in business, education, IT and bachelor’s program ranked among the nation’s best among U.S. News & World Report’s Top Online Education Programs.
- The Georgia Southern University Golf Course was named to Golf Digest’s prestigious 2014 Best New Golf Courses list.
- Georgia Southern University is home to the first undergraduate manufacturing engineering program in the state of Georgia.
- For the sixth year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses in the Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2016 Edition.
- The University has been named one of the most military friendly schools in the country for the sixth consecutive year by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines.
- The Georgia Southern University College of Business Administration was named one of Newsweek’s 12 Top Business Schools of 2014. In addition, BestColleges.com recognized the College as having one of the Top 30 Best Online MBA Programs in the nation.
- Georgia Southern University was ranked No. 24 on BestCollegeReviews.org’s list of The 25 Colleges with the Best Weather.
- Georgia Southern University’s online Master of Education in Higher Education Administration has been ranked number 10 on TheBestSchools.org, “25 Best Online Master in Higher Education Degree Programs.”
- Georgia Southern University’s College of Education ranked among the Top 75 Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Georgia Southern University’s online master’s degree in Sports Management has been ranked No. 6 by the website TopManagementDegrees.com.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- The College of Business Administration houses the only School of Economic Development in the Southeastern United States. Students assist with economic development projects for area municipalities and regions across the state.
- Georgia Southern University’s Master of Science in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Coaching Education has been recognized as one of the 15 Best Online Master’s in Coaching Education by Sports Management Degree Hub.
- Georgia Southern’s online nursing program is ranked No. 7 among the Top 30 Low Cost Online RN program by Bestvalueschools.com, and the School of Nursing is considered one of the Top 50 Nursing Schools in the Southeast Region by Nursing School Almanac.
For more information, visit Points of Pride and the University Fact Book.
Last updated: 11/30/2016