Georgia Southern Fast Facts
2012-2013 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Total Enrollment: 20,574
- Undergraduate Students: 17,993
- Graduate Students: 2,581
- Students by State/Country: 49 U.S. states, 90+ countries
Top Three Largest Colleges by Enrollment
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences: 4,513
- College of Health and Human Sciences: 3,654
- College of Business Administration: 3,555
Tuition & Fees
For more info, click here
- School Mascot: GUS the Eagle
- Size: More than 900 acres
- Regional Economic Impact: $846 million
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 22:1
Things You Should Know
- Georgia Southern University’s online degree programs in business, education, IT and nursing ranked among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s Top Online Education Programs.
- The University was honored as being one of the most military friendly in the country by Military Advanced Education magazine’s 2012 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities.
- Georgia Southern University’s Undergraduate Game Design Program in its College of Information Technology has been ranked one of the top 50 in the United States and Canada by The Princeton Review.
- In 2011, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses by the Princeton Review and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Georgia Southern University was named the fourth most popular university in the country by U.S. News & World Report (based on yield).
- The University is home to the College of Information Technology – the only one in the southeastern United States.
- Georgia Southern is recognized as one of America’s Best Graduate Schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- The School of Nursing is ranked in the Top 80 nationally by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools
- Georgia Southern’s MBA was ranked one of the top Part-Time MBA programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools.
- The University’s Master of Business Administration and the Master of Accounting are featured in Best 301 Business Schools published by The Princeton Review.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- The College of Business Administration houses the only School of Economic Development in the southeastern United States. Students assist with economic development projects for area municipalities and regions across the state.
- The University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is one of only three such programs nationally to be accredited by the Computing Accreditation Board of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
For more information, visit Points of Pride.