Georgia Southern Fast Facts
2014-2015 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Total Enrollment: 20,517
- Undergraduate Students: 18,004
- Graduate Students: 2,513
- Students by State/Country: 48 U.S. states, District of Columbia, 88 countries
Top Three Largest Colleges by Enrollment
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences: 4,599
- College of Health and Human Sciences: 3,435
- College of Business Administration: 3,479
Tuition & Fees
For more info, click here
- School Mascot: GUS and Freedom
- Size: 900+ acres
- Regional Economic Impact: $846 million
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 22:1
Things You Should Know
- Georgia Southern University’s online degree programs in business, education, IT and bachelor’s program ranked among the nation’s best among U.S. News & World Report’s Top Online Education Programs.
- The Georgia Southern University Golf Course was named to Golf Digest’s prestigious “2014 Best New Golf Courses” list.
- Georgia Southern University has been granted the first undergraduate manufacturing engineering program in the state of Georgia.
- For the fourth year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses by the Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges: 2014 Edition.
- The University has been named one of the most military friendly schools in the country by G.I. Jobs magazine for the fourth consecutive year.
- The Georgia Southern University College of Business Administration was named one of Newsweek’s 12 Top Business Schools of 2014. In addition, BestColleges.com recognized the College as having one of the Top 30 Best Online MBA Programs in the nation.
- Georgia Southern University was ranked No. 24 on BestCollegeReviews.org’s list of The 25 Colleges with the Best Weather.
- Georgia Southern University’s online Master of Education in Higher Education Administration has been ranked number 10 on TheBestSchools.org, “25 Best Online Master in Higher Education Degree Programs.”
- Georgia Southern University’s College of Education ranked among the Top 75 Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Georgia Southern University’s online master’s degree in Sports Management has been ranked No. 6 by the website TopManagementDegrees.com.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- The College of Business Administration houses the only School of Economic Development in the Southeastern United States. Students assist with economic development projects for area municipalities and regions across the state.
For more information, visit Points of Pride and the University Fact Book.